“Who Invited All of These Old People?”

The Event.
Two weeks ago, I attended my 35th High School reunion – and lived to tell the tale…..

Paul, Rebecca, and I drove down Friday morning, and got to the Houston area just in time to help out with decorating the place where the reunion was going to be held (my best friend and her husband had volunteered to help, so we tagged along). It was nice to see a few of my old classmates and catch up on what they’d been up to in the time since we last saw each other.

After we were done with our part of the decorating, we met some more friends at a local restaurant and had a good time chatting about “the old days” over drinks and Mexican food.

On Saturday morning, we tried to sleep in late, but Rebecca had other ideas (she usually does…), so we got up and ate breakfast instead. There were plans for a tour of our high school, so Becky and I decided to check it out – thankfully my Mom had sent one of her walkers home with Sarah a couple of months ago; it really made it much easier for me to get around (Myasthenia and hot weather don’t play nice together).

Then it was time for the big event – It was great seeing all of my old friends; while this was “technically” the Class of 1978’s reunion, the planners opened it up to include other classes, so we got to see friends from other classes as well.

.Photo Backdrop.
Lots of people put photos that they had taken at the reunion up on Facebook, so I decided it might be nice to put together a video to commemorate the event.***

I took the liberty of including some pictures from our old yearbooks as well; while a couple of the old pictures (I think I counted 4) include people who were not members of the Class of ’78, the overwhelming majority are of people from our class who were, with a couple of exceptions, at the reunion.

I matched old and new faces (or should that be “young and old” faces?) wherever possible – for best picture quality, you’ll want to watch the Full Screen version:

As you can see, everyone who was there had a LOT of fun – and we can’t wait to do it again!

***This is only my second attempt at putting together a YouTube video, so be gentle with me 😛

About Teresa in Fort Worth, TX

A short, fat, middle-aged, happily-married, mother of 4 daughters. A former high school valedictorian (way back in the Stone Age), a Civil Engineering major in college, a middle-of-the-road Conservative, and a moderate Methodist. I know just enough to get myself in trouble....
This entry was posted in A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy, Contemporary, Humor, Just Because, Messin' with my kids, Music, Texas and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to “Who Invited All of These Old People?”

1. Cheryl Stuckey Matlock says:

Wonderful job!!

2. Joni Cash says:

I have watched this 3 times and every time it still makes me cry!! Thank you so much for something we can cherish forever!

3. diane haight says:

Teresa, that was a totally awesome video! Made me even sadder that I didn’t get to attend! Next time….Thanks for doing the “old photos” and then the “new ” ones. Some folks I could tell right away (like u), and others I needed the help :). Thanks again for taking the time to put it all together (loved the music too), and hope to see you at the next one!

• I sure was sorry that you didn’t get to make this one – it was SOOOO much fun! I gotta admit, there were several people there who had changed so much from when they were in HS – I never would have guessed who they were if they hadn’t had on name tags 😛

I hope we are both able to make it to the next one – I’d love to see you again ♥♥♥

4. Claudia Thompson Radford says:

I was class of ’75 and attended the reunion. There were many there that I did not know and many that I did know. It was a great reunion and WOW this video is SUPER FANTASTIC, GREAT JOB. Many Thanks to ALL that put in the hard work to make it happen and Thank you all for including the multiple classes of the GREAT ’70’s.
    Claudia Thompson Radford

5. CeletaC says:

Fabulous Teresa! I really missed out – thanks for making the time to put this together

6. Cathy Brown says:

Class of 76 couldn’t make it but loved the video. Thanks!

7. Donna Shipp Galonska says:

Loved the video! I can’t wait to go to the one next year.

8. Pingback: After The Ball (My High School Reunion Tale Continues….) | Koch's Tour

9. Susan Anderson Gilbert (class of 77)- I’m sorry I missed this reunion. Hopefully we can do it again with all the classes from the 70s

10. Belinda says:

Sorry my brother and I missed the reuion. Let’s us know next years reuion. Enjoyed the video