In the heat of the summer, is there anything better than an icy/slushy treat? And who doesn’t love the sweet taste of watermelon in the summertime? This recipe has both, along with a couple of surprise ingredients:
- 1/2 medium (watermelon) sliced lengthwise
- 1 can(s) (6-oz. ) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 1 can(s) (15 1/4-oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- Scoop out watermelon flesh, place in blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour purée through a wire mesh strainer into a bowl; discard pulp and any seeds. Measure 8 cups of juice; add lemonade concentrate, pineapple and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture into a 9” x 13” pan; cover and freeze until firm. Break frozen mixture into chunks. Place half the mixture in blender or food processor; process until smooth. Repeat with remaining frozen mixture. Serve immediately.