Thankfully, I found this recipe – all I have to do is substitute GF flour for regular, and we’re off to the races! These are a perfect accompaniment to just about any meal, but they are especially good for picnics or summer get-togethers – just plan on making an extra batch to keep at home, because there won’t be any leftovers!
Red Lobster’s Cheddar Biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour mix)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small cubes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk, ice cold
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
rounded 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Use a pastry blender or 2 knives used scissor fashion to cut in the butter until small pea-sized crumbs form.
4. Add the cheese and toss until coated with flour.
5. Add the buttermilk and stir until just combined – don’t overmix. Drop by 1/4 cupful onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 14 – 16 minutes until golden around the edges.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine melted butter with parsley and garlic salt.
Remove the biscuits from the oven and brush butter generously over the tops while hot. Best served warm.