“What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.” – Lord Melbourne
“We voted for these people. We should be allowed to taser them.” – Mike
“You guys just don’t spend enough time giving yourself cool but limited super-powers. This is the internet.” – laura w.
“Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” – Thomas Paine
“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods” – Albert Einstein
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
“The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.” – D.H. Lawrence
“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” – Thomas Paine
“God doesn’t call the equipped – he equips those he calls.” – Barbara Curtis
Always remember: Law is about arguing one fact that helps your argument and ignoring the ten facts that disprove it.
“Hand-written notes in cursive writing are still the finest personal way of saying thank you. The people who send those after interviews are the ones who get the jobs.”
My Mild-Mannered Alter Ego:
Stalk Me (you’ll be bored):
Looking For Something?
- RT @KempoSnake: @Timcast https://t.co/tsLYCjOiUI 1 week ago
- Want To Make Some Kids (and Adults, too) Really Happy? kochstour.com/2020/09/17/wan… 1 week ago
- A must read: My Apologies, Mr. President disq.us/t/3roqlbh 2 weeks ago
- A Somber Remembrance – Thoughts on the Anniversary of 9/11 kochstour.com/2020/09/11/a-s… 2 weeks ago
- For Bev – “Again Someday” kochstour.com/2020/09/09/for… 3 weeks ago
- "Strike Back" Theme Song - "Short Change Hero"
- Want To Make Some Kids (and Adults, too) Really Happy?
- "Teresa" - A Forgotten (and Not-So-Golden) Oldie
- "A Republic, If You Can Keep It"
- Foodie Friday - Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce
- My Advent Calendar of Music – Day #11: Christmas at the Movies
- My Advent Calendar of Music – Day #7: Around the World
- My Advent Calendar of Music – Day #4: Blue, Blue, Blue Christmas
- My Advent Calendar of Music – Day #5: A Rockin' Christmas
- Sunday Funnies: Top 10 (OK, 11) Tips on Surviving Your High School Reunion
Nuts and Bolts:
“Luddites and anti-intellectuals do not master the differential equations of thermodynamics or the biochemical cures of illness. They stay in thatched huts and die young.” – Edward O. Wilson
Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.
“Activism is a way for useless people to feel important, even if the consequences of their activism are counterproductive for those they claim to be helping and damaging to the fabric of society as a whole.” – Thomas Sowell
“Michael Moore simultaneously represents everything I detest in a human being and everything I feel obligated to defend in an American. Quite simply, it is that stupid moron’s right to be that utterly and completely wrong.” – Dennis Miller
When Lawbreakers are in charge of the Law, we no longer have a Republic.
Funny. They complain about racism while demanding it.
“The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.”
“A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.” – Saul Bellow
“To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.” – Sun Tzu
“It is not ours to restore the power of the Constitution. It is ours to show them the wrath of America without the protections the Constitution offers them. Let them restore it to find refuge from us.” – TL Davis