"What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass." - Lord Melbourne
"We voted for these people. We should be allowed to taser them." - Mike
"You guys just don’t spend enough time giving yourself cool but limited super-powers. This is the internet." - lauraw
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods" - Albert Einstein
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." – Thomas Paine
"God doesn't call the equipped - he equips those he calls." - Barbara Curtis
"Hand-written notes in cursive writing are still the finest personal way of saying thank you. The people who send those after interviews are the ones who get the jobs."
Looking For Something?
My Mild-Mannered Alter Ego:
Stalk Me (you’ll be bored):
- @HotlineJosh No worries - they've got more than enough strategies on illegal immigration to make up for it.... 3 days ago
- @joshrogin "But immigration? We've got strategies on top of strategies!" 3 days ago
- RT @HotlineJosh: CNN's Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr, alarmed: On Obama's "we have no strategy" line: "Let me be very clear, ISIS h… 3 days ago
- Happy Birthday, Sarah! wp.me/p1ipEz-3wa 5 days ago
- Tuesday Tunes – “You and I” wp.me/p1ipEz-3yI 6 days ago
- Making Happy Birthday (Cake) Memories
- Music from "Sherlock" - "Sinnerman"
- "Strike Back" Theme Song - "Short Change Hero"
- Romantic Weekend After-Action Report
- Why I Love SpongeBob SquarePants So Much
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- Happy 80th Birthday, Dad!
- "Teresa" - A Forgotten (and Not-So-Golden) Oldie
- Mitt Romney Comes to Fort Worth
- "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy", "Sing, Sing, Sing"
Nuts and Bolts:
"Luddites and anti-intellectuals do not master the differential equations of thermodynamics or the biochem- ical cures of illness. They stay in thatched huts and die young." - Edward O. Wilson
Fathom the hypocrisy of a Govern- ment that requires every citizen to prove they are insured...but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.
"Michael Moore simultaneously represents everything I detest in a human being and everything I feel obligated to defend in an American. Quite simply, it is that stupid moron’s right to be that utterly and complete- ly wrong." - Dennis Miller
When Lawbreakers are in charge of the Law, we no longer have a Repub- lic.
"It will be a great day when taxpayers keep the money they earned and DC has to hold a bake sale to to raise the debt limit." - David Burge (aka "iowa- hawk")
Funny. They complain about racism while demanding it.
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
“A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.” - Saul Bellow
"Pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabit- ants of the field; that of course they are many in number; or that, after all, they are anything other than the little shrivelled, meagre, hopping (though loud and troublesome) insects of the hour" - Edmund Burke
"It is not ours to restore the power of the Constitution. It is ours to show them the wrath of America without the protections the Constitution offers them. Let them restore it to find refuge from us." - TL Davis